A hearty quiche with winter vegetables like roasted cauliflower, Brussels sprouts & fennel. Topped with cheddar cheese. Make it a complete meal and add a side salad for just $12!
Serves 6 – 8.
Your quiche should be kept refrigerated, and it will last 3-4 days in the fridge. If you are not consuming your quiche within 4 days you can freeze it, whole or in slices. Frozen, your quiche will last up to 3 months.
Reheating a quiche (not previously frozen)
- Reheating it in the oven is the best option to retain a crispy crust! You can reheat the quiche in a microwave , but keep in mind the crust will not be as crispy.
- Take the quiche out of the fridge 10 to15 minutes before reheating, to bring it to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Put the quiche on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until desired temperature is reached.
- Allow the quiche to set for a couple of minutes before serving it.
How to freeze your quiche
- Place the quiche into the freezer on a baking sheet. Once the quiche is completely frozen, wrap it up in a layer of plastic wrap and then wrap it up with aluminum foil.
Reheating your frozen quiche
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Remove the quiche from the freezer and remove any covering or packaging.
- Place it on a baking sheet and cover it with foil. Reheat for 25 to 30 minutes.
- After this time, gently poke with a knife the center of the quiche to make sure it’s completely defrosted and hot. If necessary leave a few more minutes in the oven.
- When it has reached the desired temperature, leave it covered in the foil on the counter for about 10 minutes before serving.